The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce our 2023 Mini-Grant Program for families of people with Autism, and Autistic individuals. Over the last 10 years our Mini-Grant Program has provided more than $100,000 in direct assistance to families, and Autistic individuals in the Greater New Orleans area. The applications will be accepted from 10 am on October 1st, 2023 until 11:59PM on October 28th 2023. The application button will be at the bottom of this webpage during that timeframe.
Qualified families and individuals living in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, Washington, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $300.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount.
How to Apply For our 2023 Mini-Grant Program
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 1st, 2023 through October 28th, 2023. Online applications must be submitted no later than October 28th, 2023, mailed applications must be received by October 28th, 2023. Grant award recipients will be notified by mail. Applications received before October 1st 2023 or after October 28th, 2023 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from 10 am on October 1st, 2023 until 11:59 pm October 28th, 2023. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
Who can apply?
- Autistic Adults (Over 18)
- Caregivers of Autistic individuals
Where do I need to live?
- Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Washington Parishes
I have multiple children, how many applications can I submit?
- Each household can only submit ONE application per year.
How much money can I apply for?
- Up to $300, your application may be awarded at less than the requested amount.
What can I apply for funds to purchase?
- Items needed to support specific and attainable goals (Ex: an ipad for fine motor or communication, fidget/sensory items, weighted blankets).
- Funds to attend a camp, social group, or other social/educational program.
- Funds to purchase specialty clothing or items with clear need and benefit to the Autistic individual.
- Funds for services provided by licensed/accredited individuals or agencies (i.e. therapy co-pays, music therapy, hippotherapy, etc.)
- Other requests may be considered if they have a defensible reasoning and clear benefit to the Autistic individual(s).
We do not approve grant applications requesting funds for groceries, gas, rent, utilities, non-specialty clothing and house supplies. If you have a question about if the item(s) or service(s) you wish to apply for are approvable, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application.
What documents do I need?
- Applicants are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- You must upload a document confirming you are a resident of one of the eligible parishes. A State-Issued ID, Utility bill with your name, Lease, or other documents that show both your name and address are acceptable.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent/guardian complete the application on their behalf.
- All applications must include a list of the requested items with prices and links, and the total amount of funds requested. Failure to include these details could result in your application being deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the items requested in the application if a substitution must be made, you must contact ASGNO for approval prior to purchase.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
- Please review our Mini-Grant Terms and Conditions HERE prior to filling
out the application.
Grant award recipients are to submit receipts via our online form for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible. If you wish to become eligible for future grant years, please contact Claire Tibbetts at email@example.com to submit your past receipts.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact our Executive Director Claire Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between October1st, 2023 and October 22nd 2023 to be eligible for consideration.